Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a used 2002 late model SVT, paid 12k for it, only has 12k in miles. Came out last march so its not even a year old. Wondering about how and what type of air intake upgrade to get, I saw some of the older posts on this topic, but was wondering if anyone had any current info. I'm new to this game, so I need some details. I use it for regular daily driving most of the time, what mods would be a good investment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Luke

Death From Above!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
army eh?

or

i just recongize the death from above saying..

umm i would go with aem if you want to get an intake.. but you shouldnt have to upgrade the car if your going to use it as a daily driver.. its got enough go and awesome performance for a 4banger..

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
^^^^^
your are correct about it having enough performance for a daily driver, but I wouldn't mind a lil more power [}:)]

Intake isn't gonna do anything that amazing you could get an AEM CAI but there are alot of issues with oil problems on those if you want a short ram I'd go with the Steeda garyk uses that and likes it alot (he races his SVT Focus and had alot of problems with oil and the AEM CAI while out at the track)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Seb656 said:
^^^^^
your are correct about it having enough performance for a daily driver, but I wouldn't mind a lil more power [}:)]

Intake isn't gonna do anything that amazing you could get an AEM CAI but there are alot of issues with oil problems on those if you want a short ram I'd go with the Steeda garyk uses that and likes it alot (he races his SVT Focus and had alot of problems with oil and the AEM CAI while out at the track)
I had all kinds of oil problems with the aem

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Please dont go with a AEM, I have one and not had a whole lot of issues with it. But trust me when I say, I'm not happy with it. Look at the Steeda, or even the FocusSport. These two are good intakes, I'm looking at the Steeda myself as we speak.

I see you are from Alabama, as you can see I' am also. Welcome to the FF.com forums. [;)]

Do you plan on visiting the tracks with your SVTF?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to visit some tracks, I don't know where any of them are. Help me out with that and I may see you there some day.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I dont know how far you are from Birmingham, my hubby and I live outside of Bham to be a matter of fact. When track season gets here, we visit a good number diff nights. If it is the same this year, on Thursdays nights we will be at Holiday Beach in Bibb Country. Saturday nights we will be at Bama Dragway for the midnight madness heads up runs. We do visit when able Steele Dragway (1/4 track) rumor was that they were re-doing the track for this years season. I dont know for sure on that one, we'll see soon. We go on Friday nights to Steele.

Hit me up if you would like to meet up one race night. [;)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts