Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
That's for a Zetec. I don't think you have a resonator. Try the 'Stealth Intake'

Clicky Clicky for Stealth Dyno

Clicky Clicky for the how-to

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
hey devon wassup?

anyways... yeah ford f'd up big time on the air intake. you can find yourself a nice cold air intake from www.focussport.com for a little over 200 dollars, and net you about 10whp.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i want a sri i dont want to take the risk of hydrolocking my moto

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Try not to drive through puddles that go up higher than your tires.

You do realize that the filter would be in front of the tires..... right? It's not like we're dragging the things around on the ground behind us.

I've been running one of these for more than 6 months now. I've run through puddles and such- nothing that would float the car of course. Most CAI's will locate the filter inside the fenderwell at about the same level as the top of the tire. The Stealth CAI puts the filter lower, but not low enough to be exposed to oncoming air/rain from under the airdam. One very good idea- whether you purchase or build your own CAI- is one of those pre-filters that repels small water droplets. The biggest danger to any type of aftermarket filter is water spray that can sometimes cause TPS issues as reported by an SVT owner on the forum. One of these, like the K&N Drycharger, or a similar product should eliminate this issue.

Good luck, and more power to ya!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts