Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '01 SE w/ a little over 101k miles. No major problems ever. Still gets the same gas milage as the day I bought it.

I had an oil & air filter change the other day. When I turned on the air conditioner last night it wasn't blowing cold air like it normally does. I left it on for 5 minutes while I drove around. The coolest it got was somewhat cool but never cold like it normally gets.

I know nothing about cars so I'm not sure what to check other than the coolant levels. It doesn't drive hot; the temperature is fine and the engine doesn't run any differently when I put the A/C on. I'm just curious what it could be. I won't have time to take it to the mechanic until next month. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
You just need to get your AC refilled with the coolant. I'm lacking the technical terms right now. Go to your local Advanced Auto or Auto Zone, they'll show you.

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
That's it, a "recharge", lol, auto parts places sell aerosol bottles that fix that problem. I ran into the same problem when my '98 Eclipse hit 100k.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help with air conditioner

I would have posted a new thread, but that button doesn't seem to be working for me right now (it's my computer). Any way, if any one sees this in the older post, my problem is that my air conditioner doesn't work in my 2002 Ford Focus Wagon. Thanks to this site I knew to check the refrigerant, but the gauge says it's fine. It's possible I'm doing something wrong, however, since this is the first time I've ever checked and I know nothing about cars in general. I can hear the compressor kick on, but it only stays on for a brief second or two. The whole while it IS blowing air, but it's warm air. And unless I am actually reading the gauge wrong, I don't have a leak any where because I have plenty of refrigerant. Now and then it gets kinda cool, but immediately gets warm again.Kentucky in June is not a good time or place to have no A/C. Any ideas what it could be and how much it might cost to have fixed? I don't have any money to have it fixed, so the cheapest, longest lasting solution is the best.

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
You do need to start a new thread for your specific problem instead of dredging up a thread from 2007.

Your problem is likely not to be the same thing as this person's problem was. Either your compressor is not working, or the orifice tube is clogged and causing too much pressure on the high side and setting off the high pressure switch.

Please start by reading my thread on General AC Troubleshooting and Repair at the top of this forum, and if that doesn't explain how to check the AC correctly, then start a thread and tell me so I can go back and re-word that section to make it easier to understand.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You do need to start a new thread for your specific problem instead of dredging up a thread from 2007.

Your problem is likely not to be the same thing as this person's problem was. Either your compressor is not working, or the orifice tube is clogged and causing too much pressure on the high side and setting off the high pressure switch.

Please start by reading my thread on General AC Troubleshooting and Repair at the top of this forum, and if that doesn't explain how to check the AC correctly, then start a thread and tell me so I can go back and re-word that section to make it easier to understand.
Where is the General AC troubleshooting and repair link?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts