Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and found a few things on the seat pressure switches. I was looking into installing sound deadner in my car and i was just wondering if i would have any problem with removing the front seats and and unhooking any harnesses. Do i have to unhook the battery or anything. I'm re-installing the stock seats just putting deadner in. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Thanks in advance. I also hope im not repeating myself with any one else's post but i searched as much as i could. Thanks again.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
if your removing the stock seats and just putting them back in, you will be just fine, just don't turn on the car when you have the airbag sensors out!!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
It's always best/safest to unhook the battery and wait for a few minutes before unhooking any of the air-bag system wiring. You wouldn't be the first person to explode an airbag by accident.

While you're working on it, after any airbag wiring is unhooked....if you need to turn the ignition on, the airbag light will come on. No big deal.....it should go off later when everything is hooked back up. Have the battery disconnected also when you plug wires back in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts