Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just put a new engine in my 2000 ZX3... take it out for it's first joy ride and wrecked it... i thought the 2000 - 2004 foci were all the same but when i looked up the air bags they are listed for '00-'01 and '02- '04.... most of the newer ones are cheaper.... and i was wondering if i could use a newer one in my 2000 or if i just have to get the older one... also any recomendations for first stage mods would be apreciated....

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I'm guessing the airbags change commonly as new technology becomes current, that would explain the differences between say airbags from a 2000-2001 and a newer model focus.

With the triggers and the other airbag activation system, I'd suggest getting an airbag that is made for the same year of focus that you have to avoid any future problems including safety issues.

As for first mods, there is probably 50,000 or more threads on this. Most people go with an intake first, or a catback exhaust but it really depends on what you all want for your car.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Typically if a newer part fits and works, they drop the older part number from the system and just cross-reference to the newer part, i.e., if the older part is still listed as a unique part that is available, it probably cannot be replaced by a newer model part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts