Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focus 2006. My air bag warning light came on twice now and goes out by itself. Any reason? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Could also be an intermittent open in the steering wheel clockspring, that actually seems most likely since it's the only constantly moving part in the system that changes enough to cause an intermittent fault light.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6SPD_soul

Could also be an intermittent open in the steering wheel clockspring, that actually seems most likely since it's the only constantly moving part in the system that changes enough to cause an intermittent fault light.
I like your J. Krishnamurti quote and its author.
I think that this was only the 2nd time it happened in the 5 years I bought the car. It lasted about half an hour of driving and disappeared after half an hour of parking. Weird?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could also be an intermittent open in the steering wheel clockspring...
Chiming in, thanks for the suggestion!
My '05 Focus has had the Passenger Air Bag warning light go off & then away, from time to time, for the last 6 years that I've owned it.
I've paid it no mind since it tends to shut off on its own & it never really seemed to affect the car's performance. Still, why it does that has been in the back of mind since the 1st time it did it.
And since I don't have a regular mechanic but, rather, rely on the dealership to do repairs, well I haven't been eager to give them an excuse to say its due to a $200 part which will take about $500 to replace!

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Just so you and the OP know, when the airbag light is on solid, the car is telling you there is an airbag system fault - as 6SPD_soul states - and, very probably, the airbag will not deploy in the event of a collision. Not sure if it's wise to pinch pennies on a safety system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts