Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Focus SE that I recently replaced the seats in with the seats out of an 11 Focus SES, mostly because my seats were stained to hell and I got the full set of seats for $50. Anyway, those seats didn't have the air bags in them, so I swapped my airbags in and the whole seat harness just to be safe. When I unplugged them I had my battery connected, but disconnected when I plugged them back in. Now my airbag light on my dash and the lower passenger side air bag off light are on. I've already left the battery disconnected for about 3 hours, that didn't do it. According to the shop manual, this is normal since it's suppose to have some sort of constant memory and the code just needs to be cleared. Does anyone know if this is one of the things you can do from the diagnostic mode or if I have to go to the dealer? Also, I can't seem to find the thread about how to get my car into diagnostic mode. Any ideas are welcome, thanks.

(Edit) Well, I'm an idiot. About five minutes after posting, I figured it out. There's a small computer under the passenger seat that had different programing. Took me about 5 minutes to swap it out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts