Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air bag light on the instrument pnl came on the other week.After 5 days the light went out and has stayed out since then.It has been about a month. Any ideas what might have caused it?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
^^^^ x2

There are some very sharp metal edges on the seats, underneath. The wiring is routed around and over these edges.

Yes - check the wiring under the seats. Remember the seat belt pre-tensioners are also in this wiring harness too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
B2232 Air Bag Driver Circuit Open - Loop #2 that's what I got on my scanner.. I looked it Up it said replace clock spring.. But I want to know if that's the fix It said some other stuff to.. I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg at ford to get this fix.. I tired to see if its under warrant.. I gave them the code and said what it could be and its we still have to look at it.. Any ideas what I should do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you horn and cruise arent working, then usually the clockspring is bad. They are all hooked into the same harness in the wheel.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My air bag light on the instrument pnl came on the other week.After 5 days the light went out and has stayed out since then.It has been about a month. Any ideas what might have caused it?
Hi Markr,

If you follow the above tips and unable to determine the cause of the air bag light, then I recommend a visit to the dealer. Airbags are so important that it is best to make sure they are functioning correctly. The dealer will be in the best position to pinpoint what made the light come on, and correct any issues.

~Natasha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts