Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to update my suspension a bit and am currently running the pro-kit springs and dampers with apex springs in the rear.
I love the ride height but am looking for some adjustablilty so I can soften it up for daily driving and stiffen it up when I want to have fun.
So I was looking to replace my set up with AGX's and H&R sport springs but I dont know how pleased I am going to be with the stance.
What do you guys think about me just keeping my current spring set up and switching out my dampers for the AGX's?
Also would you say installing prothane mounts can be done with just hand tools and some muscle?
By the way the suspension has around 60,000 miles on it if that makes a difference with the springs or not.
Thank you!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump Anyone?
I searched and cant really get a definite answer on if springs wear out or not?

Bottom line, would I be fine with running my springs that have 60,000 miles on them for a lot longer or am I better off replacing them along with the dampers?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the AGX's with the H&R race springs, which the springs I have had for roughly 8,000 to 10,000 miles, and they seem to have held up well. I just got the struts about three weeks ago and they are working very well, although i will say it is a very stiff combo with the springs. The stance is great with my combo, although personally when it comes to suspension I like to go with performance over looks. H&R makes a great product you can't go wrong with them; if you can afford it get the combo....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. What setting are you running with the AGX's? Also how is the ride, I know it will be stiff but is it unbareable for long trips?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts