Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last June I made an agreement with someone to paint a bumper cover in trade for an OBX - R header with flex pipes. I did leave my header and the cover for the work to begin. I stated no big rush for the cover.. I was not expecting the work to take this long.

It is now September and no bumper cover

I have had numerous messages with the other party. but all I get for answers is,: " it's ready for paint. " , "waiting for paint booth " etc etc...

please give your opinions

I do not want to point fingers or use names here.

here is today's message I sent.

Attachments

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved this to the Vendor, Dealers, and Seller Reviews section where such issues are posted and discussed - hopefully resolved.

I understand how common an indefinite time is when making an agreement, but some kind of reasonable time span is needed - and really should be specified.

Without one a month or two might be reasonable, at three it's getting too long IMHO.

I hope you can come to an agreement on a fixed time span or cancellation of the agreement, a meeting of the minds on that should have occurred with multiple messages exchanged.

Pass on ID by PM to mods or posting here if no agreement can be reached soon, maybe a nudge from another party can break the logjam if you can't.

·
Registered
466 Posts
if you dont share the name, then wont others not be able to take this incident/review into account if they wanted this person to do work for them too?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,047 Posts
He is just trying to be kind until something is said. I mean yeah, its been a while, and agreement was made. Best to try to get worked out before dragging someones name through the dirt.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after a few more text messages back and forth I have a new painted bumper cover. it has a few small imperfections but i can live with that.

Big lesson learned here.

Thanks for everyone's input

Road

1 - 6 of 6 Posts