Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonite was the nite. My AFX pulley showed up so i crawled under the car and got the install done. Everytime u do this i swear it gets faster. this time only took me about 25 min. anyway, so the AFX pulley is definately a little better. More low end power is noticeable than the FC. I wouldn't exactly say a ton more, but a noticeable amount. The car runs smoother for sure.

AFX:

- noticeably smaller crank pulley than fc
- looks better when on (IMO)
- Belt fit perfect
- Smoother
- More Low end power

FC:

- claims u can use the stock belt, but as focaltech knows. that was def not the case with mine, i had to go get a belt that was an inch smaller.
- looks nicer in the aspect there is 2 or 3 (depending on the kit) colored pulleys under the hood
- almost the same weight as the afx crank pulley by hand. could be heavier for all i know, but not noticeably

in the end of though. i cant say i would recomend that any of you switch unless u are trying to squeeze every last hundredth of second off your 1/4 E.T. Focus centrals show good gains, worth the ca$h. if u dont have any UDP yet, get the afx, but if u already have the FC, just keep em and spend ur cash on more mods.

im out.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
um...how do you notice...maybe 1ft lb...hate to say it man, but its all in your head.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bah. it could be the cold weather, we dropped 40 degrees from the day time. either way the afx feels better than the fc to me :)

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
thats because you wanted it to.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is like the matrix. if your mind tells ur body its dying. it will.

i told my car to go faster, so it did. im still alright with it. the swap only costed 30 bucks. so i dont regret it. it gave me something to do for a minute. but yeah, i wouldnt reco anyone that already has it to do it (once again)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
the only thing that went faster was your money out of your wallet to make the swap man

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$30 bucks isnt a whole lot of money to me. lol im quite alright with the cash spent. seeming how it runs siginifigantly smoother now than my spark plug wires made it, it was worth the cash. but whatevers :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts