Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
My car will arrive this August and I am thinking of upgrading into wood dash trim (aftermarket). Has anyone done this and willing to share the experience with me? It'd also be great if you can post some picture. Thanks[8D][8D]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Never seen an aftermarket wood kit that didn't look cheap & ugly. Hope you can surprise me

·
Registered
425 Posts
ohgod don't do it.
It'll just be stickers with printed wood grain that you stick to your dash and likely won't come off easily.

·
Registered
221 Posts
ohgod don't do it.
It'll just be stickers with printed wood grain that you stick to your dash and likely won't come off easily.
If it were properly done, it would be real wood, and would cost several thousands of dollars to replace the molded stuff that is already in the car. It would add weight as well, so would reduce fuel economy.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wait for a kit that uses molded pieces. Ideally, if you can locate a place that will take your plastic trim and apply their process directly to your trim, even better (It has never cost me thousands, nor does it add more than a few ounces of weight, so it would not actually impact mileage --- this is your best bet). But I would truly stay away from the cheap stick-on stuff. I've done all (3) process' I listed and the stick-on stuff doesn't look that good. This is just an aesthetics comment, but gray/black marble or zebra wood may look fine (I wouldn't do it in this car, though), brown wood wouldn't go well with this car at all in my opinion.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Unless you take your current trim pieces to Jaguar's Coventry wood shop and have them replicate the pieces in burled walnut... don't do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts