Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would start an aftermarket wish list while we wait for the stuff we want to come out..
i would like some decent looking 18s, to add a dual exhaust, cold air intake, LOVE those headlights in europe the ones on the Ti X, the ones with the drl's
and one day to add a turbo, there is lots of space under the hood to add one
thats all i can think of now

·
Registered
425 Posts
Pretty much the only thing I'd like to change someday is to try and get the stock HID headlights from the euro-spec car, and the LED tails. I'd love a diesel engine too but that might be an unnecessarily expensive project :p

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would definitely like a catback exhaust set-up with a dual tip and good sound, cold air intake, Titanium's headlights, Titanium's black fog surrounds, and some good looking black rims (might go for the Ford ones though) with some better tires (not a fan of the Continentals). Also going to smoke my tails a little, swap the bulbs in all the front lights for brighter and whiter light. Also will be investing in flat black coverings for those annoying exterior fingerprint magnets along the doors/windows... seriously, who's idea was it to make the surface you grab that often opening and closing the doors/enteing and exiting the vehicle gloss black? Because I want them to know how much I hate them. Also, since my car is black already and will be all black once I get the bezels, rims, etc, I want to paint the interior A-pillars, B-pillars, C-pillars, and the rest of the trim pieces that are light gray, for some reason from the window sills up, black to match everything else. I figure the silver and gray on the dash and the gray headliner are enough to compliment the gray in the sport seats... But all that light gray seems weird to me with all the black everywhere else. Anybody else have ideas for me to consider to make Zooey look sexier?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know diesel has more torque but what is it good for? I know it's good for towing but what else?

And yea I am want black rims too.. I'm going with black on white.. I also am thinking about getting some night shade for the rear tint and definitely black housing for the dogs and I'm not sure if I want to give my interior white highlights or just try to go all black

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know diesel has more torque but what is it good for? I know it's good for towing but what else?

And yea I am want black rims too.. I'm going with black on white.. I also am thinking about getting some night shade for the rear tint and definitely black housing for the dogs and I'm not sure if I want to give my interior white highlights or just try to go all black
Hi, diesels are very good for mid range grunt when overtaking, say 30-70mph. My recommendation though wuld be to have it remapped as this will improve the torque, mkae th engine rev more freely, remove the turbo lag and the narrow boost. It'll transform the car...
Chris

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hi, diesels are very good for mid range grunt when overtaking, say 30-70mph. My recommendation though wuld be to have it remapped as this will improve the torque, mkae th engine rev more freely, remove the turbo lag and the narrow boost. It'll transform the car...
Chris
Good idea, too bad in the US they get very few options to purchase diesel cars compared to over here in Europe. I'm thinking about getting a MkII Golf TDI as a better car (never sold in the US).

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
321 Posts
Also will be investing in flat black coverings for those annoying exterior fingerprint magnets along the doors/windows... seriously, who's idea was it to make the surface you grab that often opening and closing the doors/enteing and exiting the vehicle gloss black?
Probably the guy who chose to make my fog light housings and grill that color too. Would look stupid with two different black tones on the car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The European Head Lights are gorgeous!!! They are definatley on the wish list for me. After that Coilovers, Turbo and a Lentech Auto Tranny!! But since I don't see my self winning the lotto any time soon I'll keep wishing!!

I like the Diesel Idea...

·
Registered
968 Posts
The European Head Lights are gorgeous!!! They are definatley on the wish list for me. After that Coilovers, Turbo and a Lentech Auto Tranny!! But since I don't see my self winning the lotto any time soon I'll keep wishing!!

I like the Diesel Idea...

You should see the list of available motors for Europe... comical because in the US you only have one.

I'm looking forward to turbo kits hitting the market.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah figures... they get all the awesome FORDS!

·
Registered
968 Posts
yeah figures... they get all the awesome FORDS!

Posted via FF Mobile

Let's see... in Europe they get:
1.6 Duratec (105ps)
1.6 Duratec (125ps)
1.6 EcoBoost (150ps)
1.6 EcoBoost (180ps)
1.6 DuraTorq (95ps) diesel
1.6 DuraTorq (115ps) diesel
2.0 DuraTorq (140ps) diesel
2.0 DuraTorq (163ps) diesel

The non-turbo gas engines come with a 5 speed manual, the ecoboost and diesel engines come with a 6 speed manual, and the 6 speed auto is available with the two more powerful diesels.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I wonder how a 6 speed 150ps Focus would do against my 5 speed 160hp focus?

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow I'm jealous.. Why did my family have to move from England to Canada :(
On the other hand, think of the advancements in dentistry. [clap]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts