Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I have a black SEL on the way with a build date of the 16th and didn't like the factory wheel choices.

I'm going to order some wheels & tires for spring & summer but I won't like the tire pressure sensor on all the time.

So my questions are: how much & where can I get the sensors to put in the new wheels & tires?(Plan on ordering from Discount Tire).

Lastly, is there a way to turn off the warning light without buying the sensors?

Thank you very much

Take care
-Matt

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey all! I have a black SEL on the way with a build date of the 16th and didn't like the factory wheel choices.

I'm going to order some wheels & tires for spring & summer but I won't like the tire pressure sensor on all the time.

So my questions are: how much & where can I get the sensors to put in the new wheels & tires?(Plan on ordering from Discount Tire).

Lastly, is there a way to turn off the warning light without buying the sensors?

Thank you very much

Take care
-Matt
The sensors and the tool to enable are available at Tirerack.com. One of the sponsors here at FF!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sensors and the tool to enable are available at Tirerack.com. One of the sponsors here at FF!
I love tirerack, so what should I look for? Is there a focus fanatic discount?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Don't think there is a discount, but their prices are usually pretty competitive anyhow. PM Miles on here for more info. He's very helpful.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
You should be able to have the TPMS sensors moved from the stock wheels. I was able to on my Mazda atleast, same idea should apply, right? They just have to be reprogrammed in the new wheels.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should be able to have the TPMS sensors moved from the stock wheels. I was able to on my Mazda atleast, same idea should apply, right? They just have to be reprogrammed in the new wheels.
I'll try to look into this more. I know Chevy puts theirs down inside or underneath the Valve stem. Not sure where Ford puts theirs.

I am kind of hoping for a way to turn the warning off so I don't have to spend more money on sensors.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I was assuming it's the same as Mazda's considering their past involvement. The TPMS sensors on my Mazda were part of the valve stems and could be pulled off of rims and insterted into whatever wheels you wanted, just needing to be reprogrammed.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The TPMS sensors for the 12's are the valve stem type. I had them removed from the stock wheels and installed onto the new Volvo wheels when I swapped the OEM tires.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The TPMS sensors for the 12's are the valve stem type. I had them removed from the stock wheels and installed onto the new Volvo wheels when I swapped the OEM tires.
Excellent!

I'm sure it'll be an easy install for any tire place then.

Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts