Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. When I first bought my focus the tail lights were replaced with some euro types, not sure of the brand. Anyhow, I have decided to return back to OEM and I purchased a pair of brand new lights off ebay. However, after opening the box i noticed that the wiring harness was not included. So, I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how I can make this work. Pictures below

Current Lights (Up for sale btw once I figure this out)

Current wiring harness

Current wiring harness

Would a new harness from ford or new light sockets be a better option? The current sockets dont fit as the reverse light is the same size as the brake/blinker.

·
Super Moderator
9,574 Posts
The wiring harness you have there is actually the factory set up. All you have to do is buy the bulbs, if you look at the bulbs that are for the car you will see they have the lock and twist parts on them to go into the back of the tail lights.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well..there are only two sockets on the new tail lights while the old ones have three. The new OEM tail lights have a much smaller reverse light than the old lights and therefore dont fit properly. I tried hooking the brake light into the new tail lights but the tabs dont line up and therefore cant twist in. I think the wiring harness currently installed came with the aftermarket tails and was spliced into the cars wiring.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone would be willing to show me some pictures of what the factory tail light set up looks like it would be appreciated. I think it would help me out to see what its suppose to look like.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, went to the local junk yard and found the harnesses I needed for half the price ford wanted. Thanks for the help anyways..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts