Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new, but I get the feeling I'll be here a lot. I've had a 2005 ZX5 (Mexican made) for two years now and decided to install an aftermarket stereo/subwoofer. I found a bluetooth deck and wiring kit to have up to 1,000 watts. I've got it all installed and I bought an upgraded deck to listen to, but I've ran into a problem... I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the speaker wires in the car to install my kenwood deck. I've got the wiring diagram for my deck figured out, but none of the diagrams I look up for my car match any of the wire colors I see in my dash where the stock stereo was. Does anyone have any links or idea what the diagram looks like? It's a 24 pin adapter with 17 wires in it... please, help me. I'm not installing the stock deck because it only plays the radio since the CD changer broke and someone ripped my antenna off so I don't get any signal anyway.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm new, but I get the feeling I'll be here a lot. I've had a 2005 ZX5 (Mexican made) for two years now and decided to install an aftermarket stereo/subwoofer. I found a bluetooth deck and wiring kit to have up to 1,000 watts. I've got it all installed and I bought an upgraded deck to listen to, but I've ran into a problem... I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the speaker wires in the car to install my kenwood deck. I've got the wiring diagram for my deck figured out, but none of the diagrams I look up for my car match any of the wire colors I see in my dash where the stock stereo was. Does anyone have any links or idea what the diagram looks like? It's a 24 pin adapter with 17 wires in it... please, help me. I'm not installing the stock deck because it only plays the radio since the CD changer broke and someone ripped my antenna off so I don't get any signal anyway.
i got a 2005 also, was the easiest upgrade to do, get the stereo installation kit at an auto parts store and use the plugs with pigtails to wire to the Kenwood harness (i also have a Kenwood deck in my focus). everything will be color-coded and should match the Kenwood harness for the most part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts