Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm finally getting close to installing a new headunit. I have everything I need (minus the headunit which should arrive soon), but no real instructions. The sheet that came with the faceplate isn't real specific. It makes it sound like you install the stereo in the dash opening, and the faceplate just snaps in place to "finish" off the opening, without actually being attached to the stereo.

If that's true, then where do you fasten the stereo in place? And how do you make sure that it's set up in the right position so that the faceplate will match up with it? I would really prefer to do this myself, rather than pay an installer for something I can easily do - it's just that I've never installed a stereo in a car with an oversized opening like the Focus has. The faceplate is Scosche, if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one, huh?? Thanks, I'm feeling the love right now. I KNOW that many of you have done this install yourselves... it's not that hard, is it?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Did you buy the installation kit and wire harness? The headunit should come with a sleeve that slides into the opening. Then you bend the metal tabs to secure it in place. After which you slide your radio in and it locks to the metal sleeve.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've got the kit and the wires - actually I don't have the head unit yet, but I want to be ready when it comes. So, the DIN sleeve thingy fits onto the installation kit faceplate? The instructions make it sound like the faceplate is kept separate and is just there to "finish" off the installation.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
SVT4ME said:
So, the DIN sleeve thingy fits onto the installation kit faceplate? The instructions make it sound like the faceplate is kept separate and is just there to "finish" off the installation.
Yeah it should slide in perfectly. Once you get it and if you have any problems post it here and I'll try to help.

·
Registered
951 Posts
HOTFOCUS pretty much nailed it. The directions are right on,It took me maybe 15 minutes to hook up my Alpine and install it. The hardest part really (which is only time consuming) was hooking all the wires together from the harnesses, taping them and capping them off.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, thanks guys. I've done installations, they were just on cars where the radio was already the standard DIN size, so it was pretty easy and obvious what to do. We'll see how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts