Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the daily commute today (75mi) and noticed a remarkable reduction in the amount of grime on the rear window and bumper. Those vents really make a huge difference, especially on the white.

·
Registered
671 Posts
really? that's my biggest pet peeve with this [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g car all that grime that builds up in the back lol has it rained or anything since you've put on the spoiler?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really? that's my biggest pet peeve with this [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g car all that grime that builds up in the back lol has it rained or anything since you've put on the spoiler?
Are you kidding...? It's a hundred degrees every day here and no rain in a month of Sundays. [bigcry]

Really though, the grime I get is usually just road dust, you know that black powdery stuff that rolls up onto the rear bumper and window. I went over the back most every day with a detailer just to keep it presentable. After work today, I wiped a finger across the window and bumper and did not even see a line, much less the usual trench that it digs through the 1/8" of dust.

I know a lot of people said they didn't like the higher spoiler look, but believe me, it looks great in-person and the lack of grime is a pleasant side-effect. It'll probably pay for the spoiler and paint over the life of the vehicle in elbow grease and sweat.

I also have another trick for you guys, but I need to get to bed for the night for a long day tomorrow. We'll discuss paint protection on the rear bumper and door sills tomorrow.

Cheers people.[cheers]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you kidding...? It's a hundred degrees every day here and no rain in a month of Sundays. [bigcry]

Really though, the grime I get is usually just road dust, you know that black powdery stuff that rolls up onto the rear bumper and window. I went over the back most every day with a detailer just to keep it presentable. After work today, I wiped a finger across the window and bumper and did not even see a line, much less the usual trench that it digs through the 1/8" of dust.

I know a lot of people said they didn't like the higher spoiler look, but believe me, it looks great in-person and the lack of grime is a pleasant side-effect. It'll probably pay for the spoiler and paint over the life of the vehicle in elbow grease and sweat.

I also have another trick for you guys, but I need to get to bed for the night for a long day tomorrow. We'll discuss paint protection on the rear bumper and door sills tomorrow.

Cheers people.[cheers]
So what was the final cost of the spoiler? Might be worth it to me as I've noticed the grime on the back and it's annoying...

·
Registered
845 Posts
hey underbird can you post some more pics? I'm looking to get a focus before the year is out and I've been looking for some white tri-coats with tinted window. The car looks reaaaallly nice!!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I like the pen stripes
Please stop calling them that. They are called PINSTRIPES.

A friend of mine put a spoiler on his first gen Element and it makes and astounding difference with grime and highway stability.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
^
**pinstripes**
lol
[bash] on me. I've been having this issue of leaving out letters from words the last couple days. I don't know what's going on with that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Nice stubby antenna. How's the reception? ...and if you don't listen to the radio enough to care either way, can you give it a check for the rest of us who were thinking of getting one? :) Please and Thank you. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice stubby antenna. How's the reception? ...and if you don't listen to the radio enough to care either way, can you give it a check for the rest of us who were thinking of getting one? :) Please and Thank you. :)
No detectable difference with it than the stock antenna. I was worried about that, but it hasn't seemed to affect it at all.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
No detectable difference with it than the stock antenna. I was worried about that, but it hasn't seemed to affect it at all.
Where'd you get the antenna? I want one!

·
Registered
472 Posts
subbing ... I want answers as well looks nice

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
154 Posts
That spoiler is really nice! Did you get it from the Ford website? Did you paint it? I love it!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That spoiler is really nice! Did you get it from the Ford website? Did you paint it? I love it!

I got it from Partscheap.com. Had it painted locally (it comes primed).

Thanks for the[thumb]

·
Registered
522 Posts
Would you be able to post a couple more photos of the spoiler to give us some perspective please. I have been thinking about it since before I picked up my Ti.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts