Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured I look at a local store today and see what they had. I wanted molded guards but with the Ford ones running $40-60 a set I gave these a try.

Total cost $16.99CDN.....Don't know about the back wheels though, with it being fabric I don't really have mounting options. Anyone mount or have the OEM ones on the back?

·
Registered
781 Posts
thanks for sharing. i'm planning on getting the oem flaps and installing them myself. has anyone else bothered to do this?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can you post a pic of the back? I am curious of what the profile of the back is with mud guards.

·
Registered
444 Posts
where did you get those? they looks pretty good...might look into these.

I have the OEM rear ones i think...ill take pics and post them later tonight when i am done work

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where did you get those? they looks pretty good...might look into these.

I have the OEM rear ones i think...ill take pics and post them later tonight when i am done work
I got them at Candiantire. Looking forward to your pics for the rear flaps if you have time.

·
Registered
444 Posts
can you provide me with a sku number for them from your receipt? this way i can go in and ask for that specific item, and if they don't have it they can at least order it in

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can you provide me with a sku number for them from your receipt? this way i can go in and ask for that specific item, and if they don't have it they can at least order it in
041-8841-2 SPLGDS.PROFIT
UPC 039996064017

I used 2 existing retaining plug that hold the wheel well in and added 2 more for good measure.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
It looks like those flaps have a nice area for moisture, dirt, salt, etc. to collect between them and the body. Anybody have a pic of oem?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
444 Posts
will probably pick a set of these up tomorrow or friday.

PS i don not have them installed...someone must of put crack in my water today as i have no idea why i thought i did earlier.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just picked up a set cause they look pretty good and I really did not want to spend $60.00 for advertising (The Ford insignia on the bottom of the OEM flaps). as for the comment about a good place for debris to collect in; all you really need to do is seal them on the outside edge with Marine Silicone..very thin bead as this type of silicone will not yellow over time..For $16.99 cant go wrong

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just picked up a set cause they look pretty good and I really did not want to spend $60.00 for advertising (The Ford insignia on the bottom of the OEM flaps). as for the comment about a good place for debris to collect in; all you really need to do is seal them on the outside edge with Marine Silicone..very thin bead as this type of silicone will not yellow over time..For $16.99 cant go wrong
how does that marine silicone treat the paint over time?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts