Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, basically, I have bought many different aftermarket in door speakers for my car (MK1 Ford Focus), and they all suck compared to the stock speakers i got with the car.
I thought getting better watt output and better quality branded speakers would improve the sound, but i was wrong, the stock ones have a much more crisp and better sound and the aftermarket ones sound dull and dead.
Am I doing something wrong?
Are the stock speakers better?
Please can someone shine some light on my problem :D

Thanks
Shuaib Khalid

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You need to seal off the access holes in the doors. You are losing your mid bass. It is a night and day difference.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The stock speakers are awfull I dont know how you can go about saying this what kind of brand speakers did you put in? and yes DOOR WORK is where its at..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Stock speekers are thin like paper needs less power to sound good. Get a amp

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean seal off the access holes in the doors?

I have tried FLI, Alpine, In Phase and Sony.

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
What do you mean seal off the access holes in the doors?

I have tried FLI, Alpine, In Phase and Sony.

Thanks
hmmm [werd]

well by sealing off access holes he refering to all the little holes you have in your door. bassically you want your door to act as a speaker box for your speaker. Whereever the front wave meets the back wave(in those tiny holes) midbass and bass is canceled out.. by filling in these holes and deadening your doors you will notice a tremoundous improvement.. Also you should check to make sure your speakers are not out of phase. 1 more thing. Lower end car audio speakers are meant to be used with a subwoofer therefore some of them dont dip into the lower range of sounds some cut off at 60hz but idk if you think your stocks are good keep them but I can almost assure you they arent

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Well illustrated Gents.

I applaud both of you!

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Looks like the 2 regulars have voiced the truth...lol

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Sony....good? lol! Don't take this the wrong way but are you sure that you got the polarity correct? Your description of dull and dead is a tall tell sign of speakers being out of phase. Yes an amp will help. Yes, sound deadening your doors will help too. The best way to describe how to do it is.....look at Freeminds photo album. He has a few pictures of his doors when he finished sound deadening his car.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Sony....good? lol! Don't take this the wrong way but are you sure that you got the polarity correct? Your description of dull and dead is a tall tell sign of speakers being out of phase. Yes an amp will help. Yes, sound deadening your doors will help too. The best way to describe how to do it is.....look at Freeminds photo album. He has a few pictures of his doors when he finished sound deadening his car.
Excellent catch dude.

I feel a little dense now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts