Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Focus sedan...this is my first aftermarket radio install, and I wanted to check in first to see what all will be involved.

This is the head unit we are looking at: Sony CDXGT100.

According to Circuit City we also need two wiring harnesses, and antenna adapter, and an installation kit.

Am I on the right track here?

Would this install be pretty straightforward?

Alternately, Circuit City has free installation this week, but I prefer to do things on my own when possible...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Have them do if it's free.. But it does not take long at all

I dont know why you need a antenna adapter. I never had one that did not fit.
and only one wiring kit. It's a kit it should come with ever thing you need and as for the Installation kit maybe your talkin about the dash kit..

I guess if you get both wiring kit's you would not have to cut all the wires so it would be a good ideal but you can just match all the colors to save the 18 bucks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SkipStaa said:
Have them do if it's free.. But it does not take long at all

I dont know why you need a antenna adapter. I never had one that did not fit.
and only one wiring kit. It's a kit it should come with ever thing you need and as for the Installation kit maybe your talkin about the dash kit..

I guess if you get both wiring kit's you would not have to cut all the wires so it would be a good ideal but you can just match all the colors to save the 18 bucks
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I was talking about the dash kit when I mentioned the installation kit.

So I do need two wiring harnesses, then, if I don't want to cut any wires? I've never done any kind of wire splicing before, so that makes me a tad nervous.

I don't know about the antenna adapter. When I added the cd player to my cart on CC, it brought up a list of things required for the installation, and that was on there. Who knows...

·
Registered
131 Posts
wire splicing Is easy just mtach the colors a bit timely but I would just get both kits plus the kit makes it a lot cleaner looking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts