Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here. I have found the forum to be very helpful since buying by 2013 Focus 2 years ago. I have dealt with the dreaded crackling and demon summoning noises coming from my speakers that started about 2 days after buying the car. The noises happened even when the car was off with no keys in it and having been parked for several hours. My only solution to stop it was to pull the fuse for the radio. After almost 1.5 years of using a bluetooth speaker I am beyond annoyed and ready to get an aftermarket touch screen radio.

I am not looking to spend more than $200 on the radio itself, especially since I will probably have to get a dashkit. I've been looking at android units on Amazon. I was originally looking at a unit called MekedeTech Android 10 Car Radio along with another brand that was similar as they both have a built in dashkit but I was warned off this style by a local stereo install shop. I'm not sure if it was because they are bad units or he just wanted me to buy something more expensive from him.

The other options I've been looking at are double DIN units that are also android based, like SjoyBring JOY-D008 car multimedia system. Does anyone have any experience with these units or recommendations for a touch screen style unit that is in $200 or less range? I don't need anything super fabulous just something functional that I can also mirror my android phone to for google maps when I travel long distance (which is often).

(I can add links for the items I listed if that's allowed but have left them out as I couldn't find the rules as to if outside links are allowed in posts.)

I really appreciate any suggestions or feedback on units ya'll have!

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,740 Posts
Don't buy any of that Chinese branded generic Amazon garbage. Only buy name brand head units like Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, etc. You'll be sorry if you buy anything with a name that was obviously contrived in China. Though the name brand units may be made in various countries including China at least they are designed and quality controlled by the American and Japanese companies.
As mentioned Crutchfield is an excellent place to get quality stuff for your car. They'll sell you the correct harness adapter kit as well. They don't sell crap either.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The most cost effective dash, steering wheel control, and wiring harness solution I found:

CTKFD31, European dash, antenna adapter, canbus to analog wiring, and steering wheel control kit. This is about 150USD shipped from England to the US. CTKFD31 CD STEREO RADIO FACIA FASCIA FULL KIT FOR FORD FOCUS 2011 - 2015 | eBay

C1BZ-13350-A, alternate Part No. 1519127 , Ford Fiesta hazard and door lock switch. Required, but not included by kit above. No more than 30 USD.

You'd be looking to spend 180 USD on installation accessories, plus head unit cost. You can be more cost effective if you do not retain steering wheel controls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts