Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of adding aftermarket paddle shifters to work with the Powershift tranny? I've found suppliers like Bell, Hurst, and auto-innovatio.com. Sounds like they could work by wiring into the rocker switch. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have paddle shifters on my Acura and never use them. The steering wheel is moving them around in a circle and they are in the wrong place and you have to find them before you can use them.

The switch on the gearshift knob is handy, it is always in the same place and you just have to push the topside of the switch to up shift and the bottom side to down shift. Your thumb just naturally rests on the switch when you want to use it. So I wouldn't change it if I could.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I've had this same thought. I don't see why it wouldn't work. It won't change the programming or how it reacts but it will give paddle shifters and some would like that, even it they don't move with the steering wheel or what ever.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I always wanted a car with paddle shifters... I almost bought a Lancer (they have paddle shifters AND the stick moves up and down) ..2 weekends ago I had a Nissan Altima for a rental car, and wanted to play with the manual mode..I found it pretty goofy to be using the stick to shift, and have finally settled that the rocker switch is completely normal and I finally have no problem with it.

And besides...the last thing our steering wheels need are more buttons... lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
I always wanted a car with paddle shifters... I almost bought a Lancer (they have paddle shifters AND the stick moves up and down) ..2 weekends ago I had a Nissan Altima for a rental car, and wanted to play with the manual mode..I found it pretty goofy to be using the stick to shift, and have finally settled that the rocker switch is completely normal and I finally have no problem with it.

And besides...the last thing our steering wheels need are more buttons... lol
Come on, it only has 19[:p]

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have paddle shifters on my Acura and never use them. The steering wheel is moving them around in a circle and they are in the wrong place and you have to find them before you can use them.

The switch on the gearshift knob is handy, it is always in the same place and you just have to push the topside of the switch to up shift and the bottom side to down shift. Your thumb just naturally rests on the switch when you want to use it. So I wouldn't change it if I could.

I am totally with you Wag4513. I am very happy with the rocker switch on the shifter. No more trouble than rowing through a manual and a heck of a lot faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts