Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am looking into just getting a aftermarket muffler instead of a whole cat-back system, but i noticed that on the focus the muffler is WAY offset. Are there any mufflers out there that i can easily put on by just cutting the old one off and weld the new one back on, without having to have someone make custom piping for me? Thanks for the help!
Matt

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
no there arent because that would flow just as bad as the stock muffler does. you will see no performance gain by just attaching a muffler to the end of the piping. so see gains you have to increase the pipe size and muffler flow. mbrp makes a really good cat-back and i think its only like 239. not sure.

·
Registered
348 Posts
dont cheap out get the mbrp my homie jordan has and its awesome.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I don't think you can just put on the muffler--the factory muffler is offset, like you said, so there isn't really anything that will bolt up in place. I suppose if you really wanted to, you could put a different muffler in farther up the exhaust (like where the Borla is, right in front of the rear suspension), then cut the factory one that is behind the suspension and extend the pipe to the bumper and then add a tip.....Howerver, this is a whole lot of work, for something that will not give you any performance boost (or very little, if at all). Take everyone's advice, and save up for a cat-back system. There are many good systems for a decent price for the Focus, just do some shopping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts