Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently went with an HID kit from Flashtech and it was a total bust. It wouldn't work because of error messages. I have aftermarket projector headlights and I need a good kit that'll work, bulb size H1 8K. I was curious as to what kits yall have and on what model cars? I have a 13 S Sedan. I just need to be sure with this kit that no error messages will ruin my day/waste more money[V]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you try the error message canceler/anti flicker device? I use 2 on mine lol, one helped get them running and the other helped with the flickering.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You need a resistor to get rid of the bulb error. Or use Focccus if you know how to do it, although it just seems simpler to use a resistor.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I say go with FoCCCus, only need an $8 USB cable and a Windows laptop or tablet with the free software... I already disabled the daytime running lights my former rental came enabled... You simply set the headlights to the "Alternative HID" option and no resistors or anything needed... If you want another alternative simply add the word "canbus" to your search on eBay and those sets will work too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts