Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so. Here's my question.

I have a 2.0L 2005 ZX5 Focus. Of course, that means it's the hatchback. I have been trying to search for some aftermarket headlights, preferably black with Halo LED's of some sort. I just can't seem to find any.

They do make some from Spec-D that I found for my car year, but it says the fitment only works on the Sedan. Other than that, all the headlights I've found seem to go up to hatchbacks of the year 2004 and stops there. How do I know any of them will work on MY car?

Please help!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
Anything from 2005 to 2007, regardless of make will fit your Focus. There are aftermarket out there, just have to decide what you want to spend and what you want it to look like.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
Yeah those will fit. I have had experience with CarID prices being a tad high, others don't think so. Brands to look for would be Spec-D, ehh. Spyder are pretty good. Can go the eBay route as they have some good ones on there.

So are you wanting something specific in the headlights, IE, Halos or LED strip? Black or chrome?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah those will fit. I have had experience with CarID prices being a tad high, others don't think so. Brands to look for would be Spec-D, ehh. Spyder are pretty good. Can go the eBay route as they have some good ones on there.

So are you wanting something specific in the headlights, IE, Halos or LED strip? Black or chrome?
Yeah, I've been searching for awhile now. But since the site says Sedan, I was just worried about them not fitting for some reason. But I'm basically just looking for Halos in black.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
Dont know if you know or not. But your car would be considered an MK1.5 which were from 2005 to 2007, hatch and sedan have the same front end so headlights work for either. 2000-2004 have a different front end that can fit on your car if you change the bumper, 1/4 panel, and hood. Irrelevant, but good information to know if ever in an accident an have one in a local pick yard. ANYWAY.

You can go ahead and try those headlights, you just have to be weary that if you go cheap on headlights the Halos can burn out pretty shortly. Does it come with a cover to hide all the wires in the back?

Just because it says its a projector headlight doesnt mean you would be able to run HID's in there. You would still be putting Halogens in there, which isn't that big of a deal.

Some people buy headlights and will have to wire the Halos in to the Running lights.

Just some things to be aware of.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont know if you know or not. But your car would be considered an MK1.5 which were from 2005 to 2007, hatch and sedan have the same front end so headlights work for either. 2000-2004 have a different front end that can fit on your car if you change the bumper, 1/4 panel, and hood. Irrelevant, but good information to know if ever in an accident an have one in a local pick yard. ANYWAY.

You can go ahead and try those headlights, you just have to be weary that if you go cheap on headlights the Halos can burn out pretty shortly. Does it come with a cover to hide all the wires in the back?

Just because it says its a projector headlight doesnt mean you would be able to run HID's in there. You would still be putting Halogens in there, which isn't that big of a deal.

Some people buy headlights and will have to wire the Halos in to the Running lights.

Just some things to be aware of
Right -- I was aware of the whole MK1.5 thing. But hey, didn't know that additional information, so that's pretty neat!

I'm definitely not trying to go cheap.. I'm just struggling to find a good set. I did see that Anzo has some too that fit my car, but I don't know much about the brand.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
Not much aware about them either. I would say go ahead and pull the trigger on them, and if you like them, then awesome! If not then you could send them back and try a different set.

$260 is a pretty hefty price so that should be some very good quality. When you get them just check for good seals, and when it rains if moisture gets in.

Just trying to point out some common things.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're absolutely right. I'm always weary about aftermarket parts, but for good reason. Especially since I'm not familiar with too many brands. I do plan on upgrading my car with a few parts from FSWERKS in the next few months, as I've heard good things about 'em.

I'll go ahead and shoot for these headlights and see how they work out. Thanks again for all the help!

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
If you would like to, I don't mind selling them -- I will probably end up buying some aftermarket ones here soon. Mine are in pretty much perfect condition, I could send you pictures if you like.
Ya! I would love to see some pictures PM me when you get a chance!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts