Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post a week or two ago about how to replace the LED's in your aftermarket headlight's HALO's. I need to do that in mine now, but cannot find the thread. Can someone please post the link for me, or explain how to do it.

Thank you!!

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
lol....the how-to archive is something all newbes should look at. there are quite a few things in there

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
who says I'm a noob?? lol

Thanks guys, appreciate it. BTW, I wasn't lazy OR drinking haha, just couldn't find it ;D

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, hey it doesn't seem like an issue to me lol.

Scrammer- can I use colored LED's and get the same result? I think red would look badass, sort of possessed lol. And what were the LED's you used rated for...would RadioShack ones work fine too?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
you can use any color you want. think of legallity though. red and blue are most frowned upon. I suggest getting your leds from ebay. look for the highest mcd rating. I normally use ebay store "lvted" spelling is off, just look for a close match.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you man, I appreciate it. Rep left...

And I want to run the Halo's on an aux. switch that I can turn on and off when I want, and thats my reason for the color

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Depends on what kind of halos you have though. Some of the new ones will require you to crack open the headlights because they're integrated.

I was going to do a write up for that style, but the shitty ebay headlights that the are, the finish is coming off the lens and the chrome is flaking off. That's what I get I suppose.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
^^i bought a set of newer ones. then seen that it was going to be a bitcsh to swap colors on the halos and leds. also, the aiming thing on the newer ST170-a-likes arent friendly.

so i opted to trade them for a set of oxidized Mach HId's (good trade eh?) lol

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^ Excellent you lucky SOB.

Color changing isnt too bad. Just have to figure it out and what it will take. Then run the resistors they come with or one of your own cause i can imagine theirs are crappy.

And enjoy.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
yeah, i had full intentions of baking them, taking them apart and doing the color changes. but then this offer came along...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts