Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jvc head unit right now with two 12" subs a 1600 watt amp and a power cap. But i need a bettter head unit so I can control my subs better. I need one that has a sub output on it and also an auxillary input for my ipod. ANy ideas for a budget of roughly 230 bucks??Thanks alot.
FM89'

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
looks like a nice HU I will give him that

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Eclipse is one of the best HUs out there. They are usually higher priced, but that is a damn good price for that unit.

Pioneer has a hot new unit out this year; the DEH-P880PRS. Generally under $300 on eBay.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_291159496,00.html

I'd also suggest a used Alpine CDA-9815 for around $200 on eBay. Top of the line $500 unit in 2003.

Any one of those three will be great.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Even though that Alpine has the new iPod feature, the other units offer a lot more tuning options and better sound quality from the internal components, etc. Alpine cut out DSP BEP this year, which was very stupid on their part. The older 9815 or 9835 are much better. Too bad you can't get the same DSP options with the new iPod Full Speed for that price. [;)]

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
I've got the Alpine CDA-9853 with the iPod AI-NET control unit. It's a tad slow about switching from song to song and I don't much like how you navigate through the songs, playlists, etc. Other than that I love it. Just plug the ipod up and go. Never have to worry about charging it because it charges the iPod on the same connection.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Besides the 880prs pioneer also has the new deh-p780mp.. its slightly cheaper than the 880, and has almost all the same features as the 880. It has burr browns, 5v.. all the things that really matter.

The 780 doesn't have separate L/R 16 band eq like the 880...it has 16 band total.. enough for 90% of people out there.. and the 780 lacks the auto EQ feature...but ive never really heard good things about that anyways. The 780 has a better screen than the 880, and is a little cheaper..thats why i ordered it over the 880.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
pioneer 4800 is the best i got, the rest are the same but more flashy options in my opinion...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts