Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought an aftermarket in dash navigation unit to install in my car and the first surprise I ran into was that the wiring harness on that had an ISO connector, which I never heard of. I was able to research and figure out what I need there.

That made me a bit curious to pull out the factory radio to see if the harness on that matched the aftermarket harness I bought probably about a year ago when I got the car to ensure they matched.

Well...........surprise, surprise, surprise!!! (In my Gomer Pyle voice.)

The harness is different and I don't see anything in the aftermarket that fits. I saw that there's a Blaupunkt harness, but that one doesn't work either.

Here are a few photos of what it looks like. I am not trying to be a jackleg and have to cut the factory harness, so any help would be great.

I've used the search function and couldn't find anything, but if you know of a thread that already covers this, feel free to post it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did some searching and it looks like Metra 70-1777 might fit. Has anyone ever tried this harness?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And this brings up another question..........if this is indeed the harness, then my car has a factory subwoofer that I know/knew nothing about.......I am truly confused.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I can turn the panic button off.

I went back out to the car and removed the radio again and disconnected it and actually looked at what the back of the radio looked like. To my surprise, they had the same shape as the aforementioned Metra 70-1777 plugs.

What is confusing is that the factory connectors have tabs on them and I'm used to the aftermarket connectors having provisions for the tabs on them as well and in this case, there aren't as many tabs to account for. It's strange, but that's how it looks.

Either way, I'm ok with it.

Crisis averted. At least I hope.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'll move this to the Car Audio section where it can get more looks - and as is it's a decent reference already, sounds like you solved the question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts