Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten a lot of chatter from the forums going back and forth about it can be done, it can't be done.

"The SVT enclosure can be cut for a 10"".
"The SVT enclosure doesn't have enough airspace for a 10"".
"The SVT enclosure is sealed, not ported, so airspace doesn't matter".
"The stock sub sucks!"
"The stock sub is okay for me."
"An aftermarket H/U will burnout the stock sup/amp."
"Get an aftermarket amp, and an 8" JL sub for your H/U."
"I've tapped into the wires for the sub/amp for my aftermarket H/U and it's been working fine since!"

etc. etc. etc.

So, what's the scoop? I'm looking for a single thread with a difinitive answer about whether I can/should just hook up my H/U (Pioneer Premier DEH-P680) to the stock sub/amp that's in my SVT or not. I'd LOVE to spend the $ on a new sub/amp/enclosure but anyone with a spouse/kid knows that getting the "clearance" to do such a thing is no easy task.

If it will work fine, I'd rather do that until I can afford what I really want. If it's going to quickly burn up the parts I'd rather not (maybe I can sell the stock parts later... so i'd rather not kill them).

I've seen it done, I've heard how it shouldn't... but that's picking bits and pieces from other threads. What's the deal?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really. I've read your post. :)

Malakai said:
So, what's the scoop? I'm looking for a single thread with a difinitive answer about whether I can/should just hook up my H/U (Pioneer Premier DEH-P680) to the stock sub/amp that's in my SVT or not.

If it will work fine, I'd rather do that until I can afford what I really want. If it's going to quickly burn up the parts I'd rather not (maybe I can sell the stock parts later... so i'd rather not kill them).

I've seen it done, [and] I've heard how it shouldn't [be done]... but that's picking bits and pieces from other threads. What's the deal?
Not to down your writeup.. because it's hella-good. If it WILL burn out the components, then I'll end up doing your idea, but I don't know how I will drill the plastic. I also don't know what the difference in the two boxes (moddable and not moddable) for the SVT is.

If it'll be okay though, then I'll just wait and hook up what is in there right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts