Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aftermarket gauges

so i bought a tri pill pod for my focus svt and was wornding what gauges to buy as oil, airfuel and so on . next spring Im getting powerworks so boost is one what other two should I get.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
air fuel, egt temp, boost vac

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
no need for an oil guage really, you already have temp and pressure and im not so sure egt is needed to much for a supercharger.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
The pressure one isn't "real" oil pressure I thought, it's just what the computer believes to be the oil pressure. I wouldn't rely on that one alone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just bought a AEM uego A/F wideband...that will nicely take the spot of my shitty narrowband A/F gauge. THen i have a boost gauge...those two are a must

·
Registered
199 Posts
get a wideband, oil pressure, and boost. those are the big 3

·
Registered
813 Posts
Most people agree on getting a boost guage and an AFR guage. But that last spot seems to be split between EGT and oil pressure. What are the pros and cons of each?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
osiris_vdc said:
Most people agree on getting a boost guage and an AFR guage. But that last spot seems to be split between EGT and oil pressure.
I agree.

Whatever you do, don't install the boost gauge until you get a FI installed.

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
Since I'm going turbo, I'm going to be using an EGT Gauge to fill my third spot in my pod. With the SC, I think oil pressure gauge would be of more use to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts