Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have pics of foglights they've installed? Anything other than the original factory style ones.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'll post some up; I put in a set of Pilot dichroics to replace the factory fogs on my car.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts

They are Hoen HID fogs... I have silverstar headlights and you can clearly see how yellow they are compared to these... they are way better in person... my camera kinda sucks with these kinda pictures.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
id like to see some that fit my base model fofo cuz i had two sets and no really fit all that well

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry for not getting these up sooner; I hope you will forvive the insect mods...

LIghts Off.

And Lights On...

It was an overcast day and noon to boot so you'll have to take my word that the fogs throw a tight, wide light that is better than the factory fogs on the standard ZX5/3.
They are Pilot Dichroic Fogs with std H3 bulbs. Once they are toast I will likely be putting in Nighthawks or Silverstars. It took a bit of getting used to the yellow light but I like it a lot now.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I feel sooo inadequate...[:(] That's it, i'm going to have to rummage around work for a set of landing lights, then I'll be have the biggest lights. HAHAHAHAHA!*sigh*

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanx Buddha,Nope. I removed the factory fogs, cut the wires, spliced in the clips that came with the Pilots, and screwed the base up into the bumper. Took about 15 min, and another 15 to aim them at the local school where they have a nice flat parking lot and a brick wall for aim points. It was a bit of a byatch getting the screws mounted from the base to the fogs but an offset screwdriver and some patience paid off. The lights were $75/set as opposede to $115 at the dealer for one foglight housing.
Long term I'm trying to find a front clip and mod it by widening the "mouth" to accomodate inset 6" 100w offroad lights and build a ram air duct around them in fiberglass while still retaining the duct under the hood.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't have any pics of them yet, but I put PIAA 1400s behind my grill on my ST :D They look great, and cut through the dark nicely!

-John

·
Registered
492 Posts
there's someone around the forum that has halo foglights. looks pretty cool IMO.

lemme see if I can find it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts