Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everybodys opinions on aftermarket coil packs on NA 2.0L? (i.e. MSD, ACCEL, Granatelli...) I am ready to change the plugs and figured if I can squeeze a bit more juice out why not? I know running the E3 plugs with Accel super coils woke up my Ford V8s. Do they actually help the NA 2.0? TIA

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
When tested accel and msd made no power, and iirc had a slight loss

owner: Rebel Devil Customs
Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When tested accel and msd made no power, and iirc had a slight loss

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T
Have you guys noticed any +/- on plug brands? (E3 vs NGK vs OEM)

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
What about the Granatelli Coil Packs you sell on your site?
We haven't dyno tested yet, however we are working on a coil specific tune for them

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Have you guys noticed any +/- on plug brands? (E3 vs NGK vs OEM)
We use NGK or Brick primarily

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
23 Posts
We haven't dyno tested yet, however we are working on a coil specific tune for them

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

Funny how you have tested all of the brands he listed that arn’t the ones you sell and claim they have a loss. And haven’t tested your own plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the Motorcraft SP463 plugs in the performance MK3 engine

I have never see any good from the NGK or Brisk on the Focus

Tom
What would be your opinion on coil packs for the NA 2.0?

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Funny how you have tested all of the brands he listed that arn’t the ones you sell and claim they have a loss. And haven’t tested your own plugs.

How is that funny, they aren't our own coils, they ate Granetelli Coil Packs, they have shown gains on other applications.

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
Registered
23 Posts
How is that funny, they aren't our own coils, they ate Granetelli Coil Packs, they have shown gains on other applications.

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

I’m sure they have shown gains in other applications. But I’m also sure that the other coils show gains in other applications. The fact that you have “tested” the other coils and have not tested your own seems fishy to me. Your website states that they produce 200% more power to the spark which seems very high considering that CJPony sells the Accel Coil Pack Supercoil Blue and only claims a 15% more power to the spark.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
If a " performance " part doesnt add performance I dont sell it !

Most places sell anything just to make a buck ( not aimed at rdc )

Tom
Did you not read my last post, the coil packs they sell do have gains on other platforms, we haven't dyno'd these yet

Red Devil STedan #1
Project NAS-T

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
Why would ppl change coils? Just to spend for unneeded parts, put your $ towards something that'd make a difference.....Nothing wrong w/ the oem coils.

·
Registered
15,428 Posts
I can positively tell people that E3 plugs are the worst garbage ever made for any engine, I used to sell them and the vast majority came back warrantied almost instantly as messing engines up as soon as put in, the rest were kept by people who know no better.............

My view is to use what the OEM specced there or close, the original equipment maker will match your heat range far better than any other brand commonly does, they often put plugs in halfway between OEM heat ranges.

People suckering to 'gimmick' plugs are why all plugs are so high now and ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts