Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone might be able to help me.

I want to install a cd changer in to my 2000 focus. I have the standard AM/FM cassette deck right now.

Is it easy (possible?) to install an aftermarket hardwired cd changer with this radio?

I don't really want the fm modulator cd changer, and I refuse to pay Ford $800.00 for thier cd changer!

Your help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I believe you would have to use an FM modulated changer, unless you have a deck with changer controls built in...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
This is the easiest question i've had to answer all day, go on ebay, and find someone that'll sell you their OEM 6disk indash cd player. Last time i checked a few months ago they sold for 150-200, hell i'll sell you mine if you want, i took that sucker out before my car hit 20 miles. If you got an aftermarket cd changer, it would have to be fm modulated, the oem ford cd players don't have inputs for a hardwired cdchanger... Also, you'd loose quality of sound if you run an fm modulated one. What's the point of playing cds over FM frequencies?

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
You want something even cheaper and easier? I just bought a 6-disk changer from Alpine, the 5960 6 disc changer which is compatible with Alpine M-Bus compatible head units like the 5000/6000 range Focus stockers. You can pick one up for a ridiculous low price below $50 US which is what I just scored one for today!!! Then I'll either install it under the front passenger seat or in the boot. Cheapest way to do it without changing the head unit. Apline also make the best changers money can buy, at least the best quality for least money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts