Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed PIAA super plasma gt-x bulbs on my Focus (which are AWESOME, I might add), and I was wondering if I need to worry about any sort of side effects due to their higher wattage that stock bulbs. Do I need to get aftermarket harnesses or something, or am I good to go?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I assume if youve had them in a while now and nothing has happened you should be alright. In the future I suggest you get some Sylvannia's. They are very dependable.

·
Registered
639 Posts
piaa bulbs are all the same wattage as stock. you have nothing to worry about. the only time you need to worry is if you bought cheap bulbs that are higher wattage than stock, then they will develop problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've always been a little confused on the practicality of aftermarket ultrawhite bulbs. how long do the piaa aftermarkets last for? i've been holding back on replacing my halogen fogliight bulbs b/c I didnt want to throw away my money. Can you guys give me some recommendations to replace my halogen foglights?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like the sylvania silver stars. Had piaa super whites.They were no where near as bright as the siver stars.You Might want to look into the Katz system. If you do not know what Katz is, Its simple. The system boost normal power that gets delivered to the head lamps. You could then melt those cheap wires ford put's in.But your local performance store would beable to answer the melting question better than I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts