Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering i have a 04 svt i wanna buy a radio that has dvd and nav but can i still have my stock sub and amp work off it cause i dont wanna replace them dont need alot of bass but i dont wanna lose it either

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
yes it can work, the third plug in the factory deck has athe wires for the sub in it. i can get you the wire colors for it at work tomorrow if need be

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
white/black is negative
grey/black is positive
white/red is amp turn on

the way I do it is get an rca end (male) and cut it and tap the negative side to the white/black wire and the positive side to the grey/black wire and then plug it inot the sub out from your aftermarket deck. as far as the amp turn on goes; put a 1k ohm resistor inline with it. it will work without that, but you'll get a popping sound everytime it turns on. and this is all the the thrid plug behind the radio. and questions let me know, and GL

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
^^^ what he said, and theres even a how to on here as well!

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
o man this just saved me from wiring my whole dang car for subs!!! thanks alot man

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Easier thing to do is stop by a best buy and pick up this part...Part number is RCA4 and what it is 4 rca's with bare wire on the other side...no need to cut up good rca'a and guess which is positive and negative...you can wire up 2 rca's just run the positives together and the negatives together and you will be fine

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so double up that makes sense cause if u had 1 ud be losing sound cause even though itts mono it still plays left right now that i understand that perfectly still a lil confused about the power for the amp i guess it hooks up to the same 12v that the radio uses to turn on and then thats it 3 wires? no grounding anything cap all the old wires?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
the amp has its own power and ground...all you have to provide is the signal (rca wires) and a remote turn on lead which the aftermarket radio will provide..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts