Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kenwood KDC-BT958HD put in. I just wired up the speakers and the sub last night. But I still have to steering control to do. The Third Ford harness still has a green/white, TWO yellow/browns, and a white/black wires left on it which go to the steering control I think. I have a wire on my Kenwood harness that is for the steering wheel control I just need to know what wires go to it and if there needs to be a power wire sent to the steering control and if that should be from the battery or the ignition. Thank You.

Aaron

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
I INSTALLED KENWOOD MYSELF. Purchased from crutchfield. So to makesteering control work you will need to purchase interface control ASWC1 Cost is 79.99. get in touch with crutchfield.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
As pasta said, you cannot just wire the Kenwood SWC wire up to one of your factory wires to make your SWC work. They speak two entirely different languages. You'll need to purchase an adapter. PAC Electronics makes a fine one or the Axxess (Metra) ASWC1 will work as well. Use the included instruction to wire it up and program the module.

With the ASWC1, I think you'd connect the ASWC white/green to whatever factory color is in pin 11 and ground pin 12. Obviously the ASWC output wire goes to the Kenwood SWC wire. Then the ASWC should auto-program during first power up. Don't touch any buttons for the first ~30 seconds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts