Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Hella fog lights (these) that I finally installed in my F2 bumper. They look sick, but the only problem is that they don't turn on. I had OEM fog lights, so it's not a problem with hooking up the harness. The Hella fogs have a green wire and a black wire, so I tapped those into the OEM green and black wires, respectively (makes sense, right?). The connections appear to be all good, but when I turn the fog light switch, I get nothing. Am I missing something important here?

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
49 views and nothing? Any ideas even? It doesn't make sense to me that these wouldn't be lighting up, I know the bulbs are good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Did these come as a kit, harness, switch and a relay?

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it's just the lights and the wires. I had OEM fogs that I took out when I got a new bumper, so the factory relays and harnesses are all there. I just tapped into the wires right before the harness (green to green, black to black). That's not my problem, is it?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am going to assume you checked the fuse and the factory relay?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Have you used a tester to be sure you are getting power to the factory harness? if yes, move down the line. Power just past the spilce? power at the new fogs? replace the bulbs?

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Can I buy your factory fogs pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeee? All I really need is the black bezel.

Oh and your gonna have to do what Geezer said. Your gonna have to trace up the wire with a dmm from the new fogs til you find the problem. It you have power at the fogs and they still aren't coming on it's an amperage problem I would guess . Wire them up to relays to amplify power to them. I can send u wiring diagram to wire up relays Sunday night when I get back to a computer if ya need it.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to assume you checked the fuse and the factory relay?
The fuse is the same one that's used for the high beams, and those still work. I'm assuming that means the fuse and relay are fine.

Can I buy your factory fogs pleeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeee? All I really need is the black bezel.
The fogs went with the bumper, sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts