Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i jsut got hella's projectors fog lights, and i was wondering....

since my car came with fogs, not installed anymore, would i have to use the wiring harness that came with the hella's or can i justt soilder them to my old wires?

-Bunna

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
im thinking of adding fogs to my car, but have no wiring harness. should i do a normal aftermarket install or wire them in elsewhere?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
MINE DIDNT COME WITH STOCK FOGS OR THE WIRES I JUST WIRED THEM INTO THE RUNNING LIGHTS. tHE MIDDLE WIRE IS THE POWER WIRE AND THEN U JUST GROUND IT

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
All Hella fog lights are rated 55 watts. The lighting sticky says your year fogs use a 37.5 watt bulb (899). So it will work, or not depending. The absolute safe way is to use a relay.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im gunna take apart the head light switch and intergreade the wiring harness into it.... because like what soconfused mention, the 55w adn the relay

----

i tested out the fogs w/ a 18volt battary... dam those bright!!!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
im gunna take apart the head light switch and intergreade the wiring harness into it.... because like what soconfused mention, the 55w adn the relay
You should not have to do that much work as you already had fogs. All you have to do is wire the fog light 'hot' side to on side of the relay coil, and the other side to ground. Then run 1 wire (14 gauge) from the battery (put a weather proof fuse holder in there) to one side of the 'switch' side if the relay, and the other side of the 'switch' on the relay to your lamps. And of course the fog lamp ground goes to ground. Use 'butt' connectors when joining wires. For a clean appearance you can use spiral looming.
Note: I don't know how much money you want to spend, but there are often premade relay with harness kits you can usually buy just for aftermarket lights. Those are almost pure 'plug and play'.
Good luck! [cheers]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts