Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so as some of you may know I've been working on my 05 Ford Focus zx4 and I was installing a stage one clutch kit with a single Mass flywheel. No I took me awhile to get to the install and a bit of time to even manage to get it in, seeing how the throwout bearing I got who with the kids leaked and I had to redo it.but now it's all installed and I was thinking that today was the day that I was going to finally get to drive it. But it seems that somehow the engine has seized up in the process. Now I tried to turn it with a breaker bar cheater bar and a 21 mm on the crankshaft pulley and ended up snapping the 21 mm socket into pieces. So here's the question, is there some reason that any of you may know have the engine would have seized up during the install?? I am at a complete loss!! very disappointed and I don't know what could have possibly have gone wrong!! Now my dad says that on some older Ford engines you had to have shims and where did he call it some kind of wiggle room between the flywheel and the crank, I however saw no shims on the uninstall of the dual mass and the single Mass flywheel. Any ideas would be great as I know a lot of you have been working with these cars for quite some time. Please tell me it's nothing major!! Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts