Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have found a good after market all season floor mat for the front and/or back? The dealer ones are ~$100 for the front which is a bit pricey and the dealer i tried to order them from has been no help with them as i tried to order them and then they didn't have them when i went to pick them up. I was told i would get a call when the order goes in again but it has been 4 days with no luck. [:(!]

I live in Canada so any Canadian stores would be a plus to save on some shipping but I am open to ordering online as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I believe there are some owners here with Husky mats which look nice and better coverage than the Ford all weather mats.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i have the Husky Liners, ordered them from realtruck.com for $105, full set of front and rear.

They aren't the prettiest (look industrial) and aren't super thick. But they offer far more coverage than both the rug mats and the "winter" mats that Ford included with my winter package. They aren't as much mats are they are a liner, not very thick, but do have high edges and cover more surface area, including up the front walls in front of the driver and passenger. I have confidence they will contain slush and snow (as well as dirt) tracked into the vehicle in northern WI winters.

If you're looking for functional mats to contain dirt or water, I'd say get these.

Oh, and the rear mat is a single piece that covers both driver and passenger side as well as over the middle hump in the vehicle. I don't often carry 4 passengers but the liner will contain anything tracked in by them as well.

I got the black set, not realizing they are also available in grey and tan. Black looks fine in a Sterling Grey Titanium with the leather interior. Grey would probably be an ok choice as well.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I was just going to get my mats at Wal-Mart, they have some interesting ones for like $35. I'm only talking the front two though, I rarely have more then 1 passenger in the car. I'm eventually marrying my GF and moving to Florida so I think the car is only going to see a winter or two anyhow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Husky one's look pretty good, as well as the Lloyd's. The Husky's definitely cover a bit more though and one thing i really liked about them is that it covers the dead pedal as well. This wouldn't be an issue if Ford didn't leave it exposed like it is but i want to have that covered too.

Winters can be pretty brutal here in Ontario with all the salt they use on the roads/sidewalks and the snow/slush as well. I wish i was moving to Florida like blackraven but until then i will have to protect as much as i can! [:)]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the husky liners and they fit perfectly n offer loads of coverage. Paid 99bucks for them total
Do you have any pictures by any chance? I am leaning towards them, just the $33 shipping to Canada is a little bit of a downer, if you had pics it would definitely help with my decision, but if not no worries!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Do you have any pictures by any chance? I am leaning towards them, just the $33 shipping to Canada is a little bit of a downer, if you had pics it would definitely help with my decision, but if not no worries!
Sorry no pics at this time. Wrting this while on vacation in iceland (without the car lol)

·
Registered
781 Posts
there are pictures of the husky liners in another thread, do a search, the photos on the site i linked to are pretty good as well.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Leaning towards huskys. Anyone got a pic of their cargo liner or should I just get the ford one?

I wish the pictures they offered were of the ACTUAL car instead of just one generic image for every car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm waiting to see if Weathertech gets theirs out for Focus in time for winter. If not, I'll go with the Husky's - I like the liners as opposed to mats. I have had the Weathertech liners a few times and really like them. They are just slow to market, again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see the actual Husky website will ship to canada but they want $135 for the mats, plus $10 shipping and any custom charges. Anyone know of someplace cheaper for Canadian orders?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Costco has their floormats back for the winter. $15 for a full set. One size fits most, you have to cut them down, etc.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts