Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping my daughter out with her 2005 automatic focus. tried to replace her front mount but the part she had was wrong. we need the whole mount assembly and local parts stores were selling just the half that attaches to the engine. I took the mount out to bring to the parts store. no one had the part so we found it online and ordered it. I put the old mount back in and when we tried to start the car we get nothing... all electrics work, no clicks, the starter does not turn. tried disconnecting battery for 1/2 hour, nothing. going out in a bit with tester to see if I have voltage to the starter when turning the key..
Tried jumping with no results.
only things we did while removing the mount was to move some wiring above the mount. that looks alright? I had a jack under the motor but it did move down a bit when I tapped the mount free. engine moved down about 1/2" to 1" ..?? . other than those two things I don't see how the motor mount removal could affect the starting issue we now have?

would like to figure this out or I'll have to have it towed to a garage...

Thanks for any help.

off to search for answers..

Pop

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Progress

Ok, I was able to jump the starting terminal,on starter to the pos terminal,on the battery and the starter turns over fine. I did note a bit of green corrosion on the terminals on the starter.

So I guess the starter is good.

Am I correct that I'm now looking at
Neutral safety switch?
Ignition?
Bad wire from battery to starter?

Anything else?

My daughter has had trouble in the past with the ignition. There were times when she could not pull the key out of the ignition. At times she had to lock the car with the key in the ignition and use a spare key to get in. But that hasn't happened in over a year... Just thought I'd mention it????

Next step?

Pop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts