Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has no one developed an intake manifold or cams or anything to further increase the performance of the vehicle??

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Do you have all 4 of those mods installed? If so I'm interested to see what type of numbers you put up on a dyno.
*Also a couple more "performance" mods I've heard of are the motor mounts and upgrading to a 180 degree thermostat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have all 4 of those mods installed? If so I'm interested to see what type of numbers you put up on a dyno.
*Also a couple more "performance" mods I've heard of are the motor mounts and upgrading to a 180 degree thermostat.
ive got the intake installed, header is here just have to pick it up, fswerks catback is on its way. and ill get a tune as soon as its all installed. but im wondering and trying to research if there is anything after this!

i also got fswerks rmm and thinking about the turbotech mount as well.

ive got a build thread in this section too if u want to follow along, no one really comments though, just mainly me talking to myself haha

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Haha I've got one too if you want to follow my build. So far i have the FSWERKS race exhuast, E focus RMM, and the K&N typhoon intake. Tune and suspension upgrades are next on my list. Do you have a link to your build thread?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I Subbed.
This should work for mine-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471305

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
180 is a big help for safety and performance and the fans can be set so they dont run all the time

Tom
awesome. any 180 tstat will do? or is there a specific one you recommend tom? as soon as i get my header/exhaust all finished with the new o2 sensor etc ill be coming to you for a tune. only heard the best things from your customers!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Haha I've got one too if you want to follow my build. So far i have the FSWERKS race exhuast, E focus RMM, and the K&N typhoon intake. Tune and suspension upgrades are next on my list. Do you have a link to your build thread?
Checked out your thread. Got it going on pretty good I see. Suspension makes a world of difference.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I'm really excited to do the suspension. The car has an awful lot of body roll stock so it will really help me out in autocross to stiffen up that suspension, even if it will bump me up into the next class. After I drop $400-$500 into the suspension I'll probably be looking at a tune next. The only problem is I really want to finish up the body and exterior of my build; but between power, Beauty, and Financial security I can only have 2. [sadpanda]

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Kinda took over his thread... Yeah you have Cheap, Good, or Fast to choose basically. I have a build thread in its starting stages as well. if you could check it out. I don't know how to link it here. But its Betsy SPI... in the showroom.

If I could do it again I would get a reputable brand name for suspension and spend the money. I would think you would just because its auto x.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ive got the intake installed, header is here just have to pick it up, fswerks catback is on its way. and ill get a tune as soon as its all installed. but im wondering and trying to research if there is anything after this!

i also got fswerks rmm and thinking about the turbotech mount as well.

ive got a build thread in this section too if u want to follow along, no one really comments though, just mainly me talking to myself haha
Rear anti-sway bar? Relatively cheap upgrade. Have been considering it.

Wanted to ask; What temp is a stock thermostat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can always go custom. There are plenty of shops out there that would LOVE to just go to town on something new and see what can be done with the engine. Some shops that will turbo pretty much anything as long as you want to throw the money at it. Also if you can find someone to do a custom cam / heads / internals. Just remember that there's always one person out there to start a new modification. Once results & prices are out its possible it will catch on or become mass produced...

The only problem is that the car is still pretty new & most are still under warranty... So most don't want to do too much to it. I'm assuming that in the next couple years it will pick up quite a bit once people start playing around with them.

Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd love to take it to a custom shop to get a custom cam or intake manifold. but unfortunately here in winnipeg we don't really a good custom shop I'd trust to do the work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts