Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Muffler Tips ?'s

Okay so ive been searchin but have not found anything out about this. I want to make my car sound a little deeper but not spend a whole car payment on a whole new setup. I have already done the lunch box mod cutting it off i was thinking about getting an muffler tipwhat do you all think it will sound like and what brand should i get. Does anyone have a sound clip of a after burner on a foccii..
http://cgi.ebay.com/UNIVERSAL-3-5-T...1QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33636QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem something like that

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont mean for the hp i just want for sound

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
just save your pennies and get a real exhaust. IMO its better to wait and do it right the first time, than to hack things together and hope they are oka.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
fart cannons=lame

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SO i take this as not a option lol

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
^ you can do that, or you can save up to like 200-250 dollars and take it to an exhaust shop and they will custom bend you a new exhaust. you will get a few extra hp out of it and the sound i believe you are looking for.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My Trubendz custom mandrel-bent piping and magnaflow muffler cost me 200 bucks.
I know that's more than you wanna spend, but it's well worth it. Don't you wanna have a car that got a little faster everytime it got louder??
To me, that's better than just having a semi-louder car...

Lamar

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Definately check out the Canadian MBRP exhaust. It's very deep, and you can delete the 2nd cat if you want. One FF took the resonator pipe which deletes the 2nd cat, cut the resonator, flipped it, and installed the factory cat just behind the flange. You can also cut the stock exhaust and fit just the muffler section to remain legal. I think his way would be the best, but not all of us have a TIG welder laying around. The MBRP is listed for earlier Foci, but it will work on Duratecs- I have one on my car because MBRP was the only company that made exhaust for a wagon.

There is also Tru-Bendz who makes tubing kits so you can use your own muffler, and also has kits with optional resonators and Magnaflow mufflers.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
a custom setup for a large V8 is only 120 bucks here where i live and was only 90 dollars for my geo . so i would image the focus being somewhere in the middle 200 dollars is a bit much IMO

·
Registered
696 Posts
Get that can if you want to sound like a Hon-duh! Or wait, I think the lawnmower cans give more HP!

[:D]

[8]

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my friends going to let me borrow his and im ganna see if it makes it sound any better and if it does im going to get one off ebay and take it to the muffler shop and see how much to hang it the right way and tuck it all up under there. better than wasting 200 on a whole system when i can just do that cause i dont plan on doing anything other than a sri until my warrenty is gone. people can laf at me all they want for havin one but if it saves my money for the sound i want im happy

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
what i did was hack off the lunch box and stock muffler, had a piece of pipe welded where the muffler was, then put my "fart can" where the resonator was. fits good, looks decent, and doesn't sound nearly as bad as a honda.

however, cat-backs do sound better. i'll be gettin one eventually

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
the first cat is in the exhaust manifold, second is a little bit after.

the midas near me are [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s!! they wouldnt make an exhaust for me...they told me it would void my warranty and would cause my engine to overheat ...lol wtf?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts