Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there isnt really any one else on here that is using a return system. but have any of you heard any bad reviews on their fuel pressure regulators?

mine just quit. [thumbd]

i mean last night it just crapped out. luckily i wasnt doing a WOT pull, it was sitting in the garage.

it will not hold any fuel pressure, the car will not even start. i put a cap loosely on the end of the fuel rail so it will hold pressure on its own and it starts right up.

sucks really bad cause the damn thing is out of warranty with jegs. [bawling]

·
Registered
441 Posts
thats kinda weird. Aeromotive is the leading company in fuel systems. I wonder what could have caused yours to go out like that.

·
Banned
179 Posts
Are you sure its not the pump? Thats a little odd because all there is inside the regulator is a diaphragm, steel ball, and spring. Even if the diaphragm ripped, it just wouldnt increase fuel pressure under boost.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the pump is doing its job fine. the fpr will not hold the pressure. you can take the regulator off and block the return line so there is pressure in the rail and the car will start. but with the fpr on the car will just turn over and there isnt any fuel pressure.

i have no idea what caused it to go out. i am calling aeromotive today to see if i can get them to send me a new one. if not i guess i order a new one from jegs.

·
Registered
789 Posts
i have one that i was going to use on my srt4 but i never got around to doing the return line. it cost me 175 but i will let you take it from me for 130 shipped. never been used, just taken out of the box so i could look at it. aeromotive model is A1000-6 if you were wondering.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont know what really is the problem with it. i took the regulator apart today and it seems to be ok, i really dont see how it can mess up.

i guess it will have to sit till the weekend when i can get some time to work on it. the pump is flowing plenty, i took the return line off and put it in the tank, it sprays like a water hose.

fuel pressure will go up on prime then fall to 0. i dont remember if that is normal with this set up or not, the fuel pressure gauge is under the hood.

i have spark, so that isnt the cause. i am beginning to think the injectors arent being fired. i will test more sat i guess.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Call Aeromotive and explain your problem. I imagine they will help you out. A lot of the stang guys use Aeromotive products. Aeromotive also built the fastest modular ford to date 6.53 in the 1/4.

Good Luck!

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, i am an ase certified tech, i fix cars every day, lol. if i cant fix it myself i dont deserve to have it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I bet they would send you a new piece if you called. I didnt mean you cant fix it, I just figured theyd send you a new one.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my wife called them for me today while i was at work to see what their return policy is. they said if i am sure it is messed up i can send it back, they will test, and send me another if it is bad.

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
with the fuel pump on full time and the fuel rail capped. You would making to much pressure, possibly blowing the o-rings on the injectors. I would look at the fuel pump before anything else.

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i didnt tighten the cap down. i let it leak, i just wanted to see if that would start it. the fuel pump is flowing plenty of fuel. i took the return line loose from the cell and watched it. it looks like a water hose on full blast.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
i didnt tighten the cap down. i let it leak, i just wanted to see if that would start it. the fuel pump is flowing plenty of fuel. i took the return line loose from the cell and watched it. it looks like a water hose on full blast.
I agree your regulator took a crap , I have had one in about 15 years do that , It isnt common but does happen , they use to have a rebuild kit for them

Tom

1 - 17 of 17 Posts