Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would i need to run the AEM wideband to properly tune my turbo build with toms Xcal?

If not what are the benefits in getting one aside from knowing exactly what your AFR is?

I was thinking about picking one up eventually but theres a really good deal on one in the BST forum??

Tuning noob [:I] Opinions??

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A wideband will assist your tuner in giving you the most accurate tune possible. Every engine is different and knowing what your AFRs are doing will be very helpful.
So i wont get as good of a tune if i rely just on the factory narrowband?

The one in the BST forum is 150 bucks shipped. But it also has about a 1000 miles on it... idk if that should be a problem right?

It also says it comes with its own firewire, so hopefully i wont have to make my own like that sticky says ....

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
The factory narrow band gets turned off when you go WOT , the engine/ECU does not use the stock front o2 sensor once you go into WOT mode it basicly reverts to what the base fuel table is set to
You MUST have a wide band o2 sensor to tune for boost

Tom

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
So i wont get as good of a tune if i rely just on the factory narrowband?

The one in the BST forum is 150 bucks shipped. But it also has about a 1000 miles on it... idk if that should be a problem right?

It also says it comes with its own firewire, so hopefully i wont have to make my own like that sticky says ....
Yes, you need a wide band for a good, accurate tune.

Just like Tom said, the other one will get turned off. $150 for a WB is a pretty good deal. That'll be cool if it comes with the firewire, but even if it doesn't, it's not hard to make your own.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you need a wide band for a good, accurate tune.

Just like Tom said, the other one will get turned off. $150 for a WB is a pretty good deal. That'll be cool if it comes with the firewire, but even if it doesn't, it's not hard to make your own.
I think I'll pick it up. Thanks for the input! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts