Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my AEM wideband o2 on my header and installed my gauge. The gauge wire I connected the black to the ground, red to an auxiliary 12v and put a male connector on the white for logging and cut the blue off. Then I bought a 6pin firewire cable cut one of the ends off stripped the armor back stripped the red cable put a female connector on the end of it and cut off the green, white, black, orange, blue and then i connected the red cable to the white and plugged in the fireware cable into my x4 and tried to data log but I'm not reading anything on the computer when I try to log analog 7 red wire
So there you go guys I'm stuck and not sure what I'm doing wrong or what to do next

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I tested the red and the orange line I also selected the corresponding analog in the list on livewire as I was testing did I wire it wrong what am I missing here never thought it would be this much of a pain to tune something

·
Registered
403 Posts
As I tested the red and the orange line I also selected the corresponding analog in the list on livewire as I was testing did I wire it wrong what am I missing here never thought it would be this much of a pain to tune something
Did you buy the SCT fire wire or just an off the shelf wire (belkin, etc.). The red orange color code directly corresponds to the SCT cable. This should help. Pay attention to the pin out (post #7).

http://forums.focaljet.com/ecu-tuni...nd-xcal2-firewire-wiring-setup-questions.html

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Set all equations to "V" and try again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i just talked to sct guys i volt tested all the way to the end of the fire-wire and it is sending out 2.5-7 volts on idle so it cant be the wiring sct says its not the software he thinks it could be the x4 that the fire-wire port its self is having issues reading it so im going out on the limb and sending the x4 out to be replaced and then if that does not work its all on SCT software

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Make sure you let me know who you email and who you talked to so I can do a follow up and let them know what I have found out about this and see what they say

Tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue. After a lot of fighting with them they finally said to send it in. I hope I get a working one this time. Tom has been a great help but I'm not too happy with sct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts