Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there again guys,

I am going to be purchasing a wideband O2 sensor from CFM. As far as aftermarket wideband O2 sensors, so i need anything else for the install or does the new O2 sensor fit where the old one does. I the site specifies the piece as a "replacement." I am not sure what to do...
Here is, of course the next nubby question... which O2 sensor do I swap for the new one...(embarrassing)[?|]

rob

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thanks... i tried to give you some more rep but it said I had to spread some more around. i will get ya some other time....

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
the sensor will fit in the stock holes. it has to bo b4 the cat.
Not necessarily. The readings will only be off a little if you place it in the cat if he has an aftermarket one like RT. I have the AEM Wideband and the RT Cat so I just had the rear o2 sensor disabled and put it in that slot and it worked fine. The Wideband kit comes with a bung for you to weld on your header and that way you don't have to remove any of your other 2 sensors. And the kit comes with everything you need you sholdn't need anything else to install this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i forgot to mention that I have a long tube. I am getting a FC with a sensor delete so I will have the cat O2, but i will put the AEM in the original header O2.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
alright you can put it in the rear one then. you dont need that one. you DO need the front one tho. thats exactly what i did with my svt header

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
sorry to steal this thread but i am in need of some info on the location of the o2 sensor also. i have svt long tube, with a custum HFC, just like RT but im making my own for finical purpose. im hooking up the erg tube and i wanted to run both sensor, front and rear. im getting a xcal from tom also.... should i jsut drill and weld 1 o2 bung IN FRONT of the cat for the aem wideband sensor, or after?

what other option do i have, when i have this kind of set up and a xcal3

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i heard invision is the best wideband to get not that much more than AEM. it ahs better response time, accuracy, and software. it comes with killer tuning software, so you actually save money in the long run.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
^^I believe you meant Innovative, never heard of invision.

Tony, weld a bung before the cat. You always want your primary Oxygen Sensor before the catalyst (do a bit of reading on what a catalytic converter does and you'll understand why).

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
bingo, its going in front of the cat.....
welding the bungHOLE..... can it get welded straight, or should it tip to the front or to the rear....
(i read that i should tip it to either the front or the rear.... think it was ot the front)

- can i not put the rear o2 sensor, and just disable it when i get the xca3? will it do anything if im throwing a light till then?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
well, i would like to have both sensors, but kinda wanna to the less work.

so im thinking on doing front senors and no rear... and just disable it.... i don't need to have the sensor pluged into anything after right?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
well, i would like to have both sensors, but kinda wanna to the less work.

so im thinking on doing front senors and no rear... and just disable it.... i don't need to have the sensor pluged into anything after right?
No you will just disconnect the o2 plug and let it be. Hey if you haven't bought your AEM wideband yet get it from Massive they are on sale for $218. Sweet deal. HERE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts