Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up guys!! i havent posted in a long time[:D] how is everyone? i just installed my Eibach Ground Control coil overs the other day. damn there awesome. then to day i just ordered my AEM Polished Short ram intake. yey!!![:D] does any onehave it out there and if so how do you like it?

thanx,
Marcus aka Marcass

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i did the review on the homepage on one. its just as good as any other short ram performance wise. loud too. but you may have problems in the long run with your MAF sensor.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have not had an AEM but had a MAC and it was nice.

By the way, I love Monterey. I was out there at the Language institute for around 1 1/2 years.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
I've got an AEM, and I like it. Haven't had any problems so far. Had to clean the filter once, but that's normal.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got the short ram and I love it. How do you clean the filter? Im assuming that you just rinse it with water, but correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
567 Posts
is the short ram better than any others?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Short rams benefit the most from cooler underhood temps at speed. During the summer months, they suffer quite noticable power loss at low traffic speeds. Shielded short rams like the Volant, FC, FS, and K&N have some advantage over the filter on the end of a stick group...MAC, Steeda, AEM, ect. No matter what you do, most anthing with a cone filter will be an improvement over the stock airbox with a flat panel filter.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i would reccomend the old gen AEM short rams, they retained the factory MAF housing and were just a better design, they are usally for sale pretty cheap used and in decent condition

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yea, I got an old style for $65, and I really like it. (Thanks Mofocus)

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yeah, i just buckled and ordered my short ram as well, polished. hopefully this helps out the stock set-up until i order the focus sport flex-back

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hecj ya guys i put it in like a week ago. im lovin it. it sounds so good. it was way easy to putin too. less then an hour. its an awesome mod

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just got mine in the mail today! It will be installed tonight. I will let you know what I think. Oh BTW it is the new style where the MAF is moved back. Does anyone know why they did this?

·
Registered
481 Posts
i got the short ram cai. i also put on a tb from fc. the cai doesnt sound loud at all. it kind of makes a wistle just like blow off valve releasing pressure. i dont know if thats how its suppose to sound or what others sound like

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
that whistle could be an air leak and is bad! check all your rubber couplings and seals.

the new one the maf isnt moved back but they replace the stock maf housing so u just install the sensor itself and not the housing and sensor. i guess they figured it would make more power but eventually could end up hurting the car

ryter u get that on yet? im at work pm me and let me know how it goes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts