Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It is VERY EASY to install.

Any type of intake will be worth the money. Since I do not own a Zetec/SPI I cant give a true opinion on the best intake but anything is better than stock.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Depending on your level of skill and experience will determine difficulty. Mine was one of the first mods i did and should have been easy but i wasnt took me alomg time. Was a good learning experince. Generally taking the old airbox out is the hardest part

·
BLÄKNBLÜƎ
7,146 Posts
like titan said it all depends on what you can handle..its a fairly simple job..hardest part is removing the old air box..then the new one hooks rite up...as for as worth the money...people have diff opinions..i love my aem sri(zetec)...others dont like short ram cause of heat soak (which i never experianced)..and others like just replacable drop in filters..so you can be the judge :)
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
636 Posts
this is a 5 min install after the stock airbox is out...once you get it doneyou will see how insanely easy it was...one clamp to tighten around the TB, one around the filter and one bracket to bolt in so it stays in place. as for the airbox...RIP that bastard out.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Don't buy a short ram. get your hands on a SVT air box, get a high flow panel filter for it, and be done. I hated my short ram and I sold it.

Matt

·
Registered
636 Posts
im about to sell my short ram cause I got the svt set up too...it is o.k in the winter, fall, spring...but summer sitting in NYC traffic is murderous........heat soak Xs 10!.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
heat soak is a real hooker.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts